Choosing an electric dryer - recommendations, what to look for when buying
1. The base of the electric dryer - ABS plastic. The bottom of the dryer must be covered with a continuous rimmed tray. This is done so that no liquid could get into the electronics compartment from the pallets of the electric dryer, from dripping fruits during drying, which is inevitable. In case of particularly juicy fruits, you can also put a tray for marshmallows on the bottom of the bottom.
2. Electric dryer cover - ABS plastic, fireproof polycarbonate.
3. Pallets - ABS food grade plastic. The diameter of the pallets is large, from 34 cm.
4. Height of pallets - do not forget to ask the seller what the nominal load of each baking sheet is (it can vary from 500 g to 1 kg) and the depth of the pallets.
If the walls are 10 mm high, then you can only dry finely chopped fruits and vegetables, such as a finely cut orange. The higher the pallets, the larger the fruit can be placed on them, for example, pear halves. Therefore, it is better to choose an electric dryer with pallets 15-20 mm deep and higher, or with adjustable walls. Dryers are available with pallet heights from 27 mm. Some models of dryers have a hollow tray to increase the capacity of conventional sections.
5. Mesh sheet for drying small berries, greens - Food grade polypropylene. Such a sheet with a net does not allow small berries, herbs to fall down through the pallets, onto the heating element
6. Pastille sheet, solid sheet without holes - Food grade polypropylene. Such a solid sheet allows you to pour liquid berry puree blanks on it, for making marshmallows, a thin berry layer, which can then be rolled up into a tube for storage.
7. Maximum number of trays, which can be installed on a base - optimally from 10 trays, further depends on the capacity and load of the electric dryer. For example, each tray-tray holds 300-500 grams of sliced vegetables, which means that 3-5 kg can be stacked on 10 trays. raw vegetables.
8. Construction of trays - Double wall pallets, allows hot air to pass between the walls, which makes drying better
9. Passport capacity.
The power of electric dryers ranges from 165 W to 1000 W. Low power electric dryers have only a heating element, which is most often located at the bottom, but there are models in which it is located on the lid.
With the device in 300 watts you can easily dry food on three floors, but for 6-7 trays you need to have at least 500-600 watts.
Power 500 Watt, for a large number of trays and high-quality drying.
Power 1000 Watt and the 55-70 * C mode will allow you to cook meat and fish, basturma, sudzhuk and balyks, goulash and stew in an electric dryer
The high power of the electric dryer allows you to make a large bookmark of fruits on pallets, in several rows, to increase the actual capacity of the trays.
Ask the seller what engine life electric dryers? Motors can be rated for 2-3 years continuous work, and moreover around the clock, then it can be replaced in the Service Center with a new one, and whether the Service Center of the model you buy can do it.
10. Power supply - 230-240 V, 50 Hz
11. Security - Thermal fuse, double insulation
Be sure to be curious about what will happen if the fan suddenly fails.
Attention: for many models, the heating element does not turn off at the same time! The minimum is the dryer simply melts, the maximum is fire. The instructions say: "The device requires constant monitoring." Or: Place the appliance only on a fireproof surface to avoid a fire hazard.
12. Temperature - Sensory (Low-Medium-High), for example:
Low 35 ° C;
Medium 50-55 ° C;
High 60 ° C.
It is important to have a temperature sensor in the electric dryer, which will maintain a constant set temperature in the electric dryer, regardless of the outside temperature. I set it to 55 ° C - it will keep it at 55, and it doesn't matter how much it is outside, 15 or 35 ° C. The thermal sensor turns off the heating element if there is enough heat, and turns it on only when needed. Otherwise: the warmer, the less the heating element works. Temperature uniformity is a major factor in good drying performance.
The presence of a thermal sensor reduces energy consumption by more than half. For example, the working power of the model is 500 W / h, but in reality the electric dryer can "eat" 180-250.
One of the most important characteristics of a dryer is the maximum possible temperature inside it. The lower this indicator, the longer the drying time will last, because the high temperature increases the amount of moisture removed. If its indicator is too low, the products inside will simply start to deteriorate.
13. Basic kit - several pallets, net, pastille tray.
It is advisable to additionally increase the basic set to the optimal one, for example:
10 trays for drying fruits, herbs
10 mesh sheets for drying small berries, herbs
10 sheets for pastille (solid sheet without holes)
14. The presence of a FAN and a heating element in the electric dryer !!!
Moreover, these two devices must be available together, which guarantees the safety of the electric dryer.
15. How does hot air move? As a rule, the air moves from bottom to top, and you will have to rearrange the pallets in places for high-quality drying. It is desirable that the hot air "walk" horizontally! Check the quality of the air flow, rest your palm on the top of the dryer, the air flow must be hot!
The horizontal air flow allows the fruit to be stacked on the pallet in several layers, which ultimately increases the actual capacity of the tray.
16. Body of electric dryers - the body of electric dryers is made of plastic and metal. Metal dryers are stronger, but at the same time heavier and heat up during operation, so you can get burned.
17. Noise level - Electric dryers often make a lot of noise during operation, so before buying, do not forget to check the volume of the device.
18. Other convenience of use - some dryers have a timer, digital display, automatic shutdown, countdown timer. These features are certainly useful, but not required.
Automatic shutdown of the electric dryer is decided by a timer on the outlet - the device is sold in any electrical appliance store, the price is affordable.
These are some simple recommendations for you on choosing an electric dryer.
I hope they will help you make your choice ... in any case, the choice is yours!
If there are any points that I missed, let me know - I will insert into the text.